Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Heart's Cheesin'.

Seriously. My heart cannot stop smiling.

Today was such a day. I don't know why I'm making such a big deal out of it, but it's like my soul is aflame with intense happiness and positivity that it can't be contained or secret.

The day started off kind of rough. It was a hot morning to be outside. But when I went to b-dubs with roughly ten of my friends with endless glasses of water, energy began to build. We quoted Monty Python and played trivia. And for some reason, my wings were orgasmically delicious.

Is "orgasmically" a word?
Oh well, it is now.

So I went home after b-dubs, showered and all that, when I double-check with Andy to see if he was still wanting to watch Southport's Marching Band practice this afternoon.
In his text, he replied, "Hey, would you maybe want to go bowling tonight?"

I spent the next three-ish hours with him and his friends from Center Grove. During our four games, we laughed and joked around (pissing off surrounding hardcore, 70-year-old bowlers), playing pranks on each other, having great TWSS and bow chicka bow wow moments, and I told stories about New Orleans.
I had never known anybody that goes to Center Grove, but the minute I joined the group, I was immediately in the fold.
I had roughly three strikes total today, which made me take second place only to Andy. It got to the point where I would do a happy dance, then skip back to the group and be ambushed by hands prepped for high-fives.

After the last game, we all headed to Panda Express and continued the laughter and story telling.
It's hard to describe. It was just...such a fun, good group of people.

Only a few hours, but it really made my day all the more amazing.

After we left Panda Express, I headed for Southport to watch their practice. At the five minute break, I saw Seth (the head drum major and one of my best friends) start to head straight for me. I stood up, met him halfway, and he gave me a tight hug.

We would've talked a little longer, I'm sure, but it started to rain and so they headed inside while I drove back home.

Today, for some reason, had a magic to it. I don't know what, exactly, but it was just so wonderful.

And that's when I realized that I had the concert on Friday to look forward to. And many more days in the upcoming future, I'm sure.

Bring it on, God. Bring on the happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment