Monday, August 2, 2010

30 July, 2010

Today stupendously picked up from yesterday's slowness and foul stench of the port-o-let being sucked out and cleaned.
While today started out slow (sweeping), it got interesting once Aubry and I were both jobless.

Patrick, our leader who's sinfully easy on the eyes in a Robert Downey Jr/Bradley Cooper kind of way (and his suspenders with his tool belt...), paired us together to nail some wood in a few odd places, then nail styrofoam-like material to the interior of the roof above the bathroom as well as adding insulation.

We got the wood all right, but once we got to the styrofoam, we were immediately in trouble.
We had to reach the slope of the roof in order to nail the styrofoam.
We are both NOT blessed, concerning height.

We were about to ask Pat what we should do, when I saw him giving similar instructions to the group next door. I saw him standing on the soap ledge of the bathtub.
"Let's try that," I said to Aubry.

And so Aubry had to rely on my hands to support her while she hammered as lightly as she could while still being productive (and not fall off the soap ledge). I hoped I wouldn't fall, either, considering that I was standing on the railing of the bathtub.
"I've never felt so close to you before, Chloe," she joked.

Then Alex Carlisle walked in...
"SHEEHAN! CHLOE'S HOLDING AUBRY'S BUTT!"

Like I was. Oh, Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment